Aurora Parks and Recreation Department
COVID-19 UPDATE as of June 12, 2020
- Parks are open! Please follow these guidelines in all public areas:
- Do not gather in groups of more than 10 people
- Minimum 6’ social distancing
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer
- Stay home if you are not feeling well
- Cover coughs or sneezes
- No shaking hands
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth when near others (recommended).
- Playgrounds, skate park, dog park, and community garden are open. Please follow guidelines at all locations.
- Athletic fields are open for groups less than 10 and for leagues. Additional guidelines are posted at each field. Click Here for State Guidelines - Others may apply
- Shelters are open for groups of no more than 10 as long as guidelines are followed.
- The following cancellations/closures are in effect through July 1, 2020 according to ODH Order:
- All Walker Building activities
- Sunny Lake Park Boathouse
- Senior program trips
- Community Events
- Summer Community Education classes and camps
- Summer sports camps
- Access to the Walker Building remains limited to staff: call 330-562-4333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will update www.auroraoh.com and our Facebook page as more information becomes available
Aurora Strong: We can do this!
The following guidelines apply to Aurora Parks and Recreation facilities. Certain facilities may have additional rules and regulations that are specific to that area, and will be provided upon completion of the application process.
Due to Covid-19 all pavilion rentals are for parties 10 or less and will be charged a $50 security deposit upon rental.
Pavilion & Gazebo Rental Fees
|Park Location|| Pavilion & Gazebo Location
|| Resident Fee
|| Non-Resident Fee
| Sunny Lake Park
885 E. Mennonite Road
|South End Pavilion (boathouse)||$90||$180|
|North End Pavilion||$80||$160|
|Gazebos (Bicentennial, Breezy Point)||Wedding Photos Only||$0||$0|
|Each additional hour||$25||$35||
Park Rates & Fees
Note: A family pass is considered to be immediate family, living in the same household with a maximum of 5 members. Children under 10 years of age are free. All fishing is catch and release.
| Rental Type
|| Rental Time
|Fishing Boat Rental||4 hour rental||$10||$15|
|All day rental||$15||$20|
|Paddle Boat Rental||1-hour rental||$10||$15|
|All day (max 3 boats)||$60||$90|