- Aurora Youth Basketball (REC)
- Travel Basketball
- Spring Boys/Girls Basketball
- Travel Basketball Tournament
- Youth Summer Basketball
Fall 2017 / Winter 2018
The Aurora Parks and Recreation Boys and Girls Youth Basketball Program is once again partnering with the Cleveland Cavaliers youth basketball program, the Junior Cavaliers.
Each participant will receive:
- Cavaliers game ticket
- Additional tickets are available to family and friends
- Receive group seating for the game
- Receive an opportunity for unique on-court activities
Players are encouraged to have their own ball for practicing both with their team and outside of the scheduled team practice. K-1 players will play with 27" basketballs and grades 2-8 will play with 28.5" basketballs.
All participants that register after the registration deadline will be put on a waiting list and additional teams will be formed as late registrations are received
- K - 1st grade
- 2nd - 3rd grade
- 4th - 5th grade
- 6th - 8th grade
Registration to begin August 31, 2017
- Registration Deadline January 12, 2018
- Practices begin week of
January 29, 2018 -February 5, 2018
- Saturday games February 17, 2018 - April 7, 2018
- Picture Day February 24, 2018
- Resident: $65
- Non-resident: $75
- $20 applied after October 27 - January 12 deadlines
Solon Community Center
Kenston Gardner Center
Kenston Timmons Elementary
- Registration Deadline October 27, 2017 (7th & 8th grades Nov. 13 by noon)
- Practices begin week of November 13, 2017
- Saturday games December 2, 2017 - January 27, 2018
- Jersey Pick-Up Day 6p - 8p at Leighton School November 30, 2017
- Picture Day December 9, 2017
- Youth Night at the Aurora High School Game. Wear your jersey and get in free December 15, 2017. Also CAVS ticket raffle!!!
Aurora Youth Travel Basketball Aurora Youth Travel Basketball is a partnership with the Aurora High School varsity basketball coaches for boys 3rd-6th grade and girsl 4th - 6th grade. Teams participate in the Midwest Travel League with all games at Kenston Schools in Bainbridge. The regular season consists of 8 regular season games and a double elimination tournament. The teams then participate in 4 local community team tournaments.
It is the intention to form up to 2 travel teams per grade if possible.
Cost per player is $300.
- "Aurora" reversible game jersey
- Reversible practice jersey
- Shooting shirt
- Participation in the Jr. Cavs program which include ticket to Cleveland Cavaliers game. Parents may purchase additional seats at discounted price.
2017 Tryout InformationTryouts are for Aurora residents - boys in grades 3rd - 6th & girls in grades 4th - 6th. There will be a skills evaluation and a "simulated" game evaluation for both boys and girls. Players will be evaluated by Aurora High School varsity coaches and players as well as coaches from other age groups. Players need only attend one of the tryout dates. We will only use the first tryout date attended for our evaluation.
Girls grades 4-5-6: Thursday, Oct. 5
Boys grades 3-4-5-6: Tuesday Oct. 3 & Wednesday, Oct. 4
High School Main/Aux gyms from 7 - 9 p.m.
- Boys 3rd & 4th @ 7pm
- Boys 5th & 6th @ 8pm
- Girls 4th, 5th & 6th @ 7pm
Players only need to register and attend one of the tryout times
The tryout selection process put together by the AYTB advisory board is as follows:
(how well the player performed at tryouts)
Soft Skills and Hard Skills
(the “body of work” observed by coaches watching the players in past years)
Position Fit and Years of Experience
There will be pre-tryout workouts for travel players to "sharpen" their skills before evaluations. Specific dates and times to be announced.
For additional information please call Ed Poremba at 330-995-9153 .
Volunteer Coaches Application
Registration deadline is Friday, March 16, 2018.
Games will be officiated by licensed officials and follow current OSHAA rules including a maximum of 2 school varsity players per team. If insufficient numbers register, program participants will play in an open gym format.
- 4th - 5th Grade
- 6th - 8th Grade
- 9th - 12th Grade
- 4th - 5th Grade
- 6th - 8th Grade
- April 3 - May 10, 2018
- Tuesday and Thursday
- 6 - 9 p.m.
- Leighton/Harmon School (TBD)
- $60 residents
- $70 non-residents
- Fee Includes team T-shirt
2018 Aurora Travel Basketball Tournament
Wednesday Feb 7th - Sunday Feb 11th
- Girls Teams: 4th through 6th Grade
- Boys Teams: 4th through 6th Grade
- Registration Deadline: Friday, Jan. 19, 2018
- $210 per team
Game Admissions Fee
|| Daily Admission
|| Tournament Wristband
| Student (ages 8 -17)
| Children (ages under 7)
| Aurora Student
Youth Co-ed Summer Basketball Open Gym
The Aurora Parks and Recreation Department will have a basketball open gym for boys and girls ages 8 - 14. All Aurora students in the third - eighth grade for the 2016/2017 school year are welcome to participate.
- Daily drop-in: $5
- 3 sessions
- June 12, 2016 - June 26, 2017
- Mondays, 6-8 p.m,
- High School Auxiliary Gym