- Travel Basketball
- Recreational Basketball
- Youth Summer Basketball
- Spring Boys Rec Basketball
- Travel Basketball Tournament
Aurora Youth Travel Basketball Association
The AYBA travel teams participate in the Midwest Travel League with all games at Kenston Schools in Bainbridge. The regular season consists of 8 regular season games and a double elimination tournament. The teams then participate in 4 local community team tournaments.
It is the intention of the AYBA to form up to 2 travel teams per grade if necessary. Cost per player is TBD. Which include league and tournaments as well as scheduled clinics throughout the 2016-17 season.
To register for tryouts click on the button below.
2016 Evaluation Tryout Schedule
The Aurora Youth Basketball Association (AYBA) has scheduled travel team evaluations/tryouts for the 2016-17 basketball season. The tryouts are for Aurora residents - boys in grades 3rd, through 6th & girls in grades 3rd, through 6th. There will be a skills evaluation session and a "simulated" game evaluation session for both boys and girls. Players need only attend one of the tryout dates. We will only use the first tryout date attended for our evaluation.
Girls (skills/scrimmage) October 3, 2016 - 6:00p -9:00p - Aurora High School
Boys (skills/scrimmage) October 4, 2016 - 6:00p - 9:00p - Aurora High School
Girls (skills/scrimmage) October 5, 2016 - 6:00p -9:00p - Aurora High School
Boys (skills/scrimmage) October 6, 2016 - 6:00p -9:00p - Aurora High School
Boys grades 3 & 4 @ 6pm
Girls grades 4 & 5 @ 7pm
Boys 5 @ 7pm
Boys & Girls grade 6 @ 8pm
There will be open gym time for travel players to "sharpen" their skills before evaluations. Leighton gym will be available on Tuesdays and Thursdays from
6p-8pstarting Sept. 13 - Sept. 29
For additional information please call Ed Poremba at 330-995-9153 .
Volunteer Coaches Application
Practice Schedule - View practice schedule
Fall 2016 / Winter 2017
The Aurora Parks and Recreation Boys and Girls Basketball Program is once again partnering with the Cleveland Cavaliers youth basketball program, the Junior Cavaliers.
Each participant will receive:
- Cavaliers game ticket
- Additional tickets are available to family and friends
- Receive group seating for the game
The basketball program is for boys and girls Kindergarten though 8th grade with weekday practices and Saturday games. Sign your child up based on grade for the 2016 / 2017 school year. The Parks and Recreation Department will form all teams.
Registration to begin August 31, 2016
- Early Bird Deadline October 21, 2016
- All participants that register after October 21, 2016 will be put on a waiting list and additional teams will be formed as late registrations are received
- Practices begin week of November 21, 2016
- Saturday games December 3, 2016 - January 28th, 2017
Leagues Grades K-1
- Early Bird Deadline January 13, 2017
- All participants that register after January 13, 2017 will be put on a waiting list and additional teams will be formed as late registrations are received
- Practices begin week of January 30, 2017
- Saturday games February 18, 2017 - April 15, 2017
- Resident: $80
- Non-resident: $90
Early bird discount: $20 applied before October 21 - January 13 deadlines
CLICK ON LOGO FOR SCORES AND UPDATES
Solon - Community Center
Practice Schedule -
Picture Schedule -
Youth Co-ed Summer Basketball Open Gym
The Aurora Parks and Recreation Department will have an basketball open gym for boys and girls ages 8 - 14. All Aurora students in the third - eighth grade for the 2016/2017 school year are welcome to participate.
- Daily drop-in: $5
- 4 sessions
- June 6, 2016 - June 27, 2016
- Mondays, 6-8 p.m,
- High School Auxiliary Gym
Registration deadline is Friday, March 18 2016.
Games will be officiated by licensed officials and follow current OSHAA rules including a maximum of 2 school varsity players per team. If insufficient numbers register, program participants will play in an open gym format.
- 4th - 5th Grade
- 6th - 8th Grade
- 9th - 12th Grade
- April 5 - May 12 2016
- Tuesday and Thursday
- 6 - 9 p.m.
- Leighton/Harmon School (TBD)
- $60 residents
- $70 non-residents
- Fee Includes team T-shirt
- Girls Teams: 4th and 6th Grade
- Boys Teams: 4th through 6th Grade
- Registration Deadline: Tuesday, Jan. 19, 2016
- $210 per team
|| Daily Admission
|| Tournament Wristband
| Student (ages 8 -17)
| Children (ages under 7)
| Aurora Student