Top 10 Reasons
Top 10 Reasons to Relocate or Establish Your Business in Aurora, Ohio
- Aurora is a business friendly community with a strategic and practical approach to Economic and Entrepreneurial Development. The City’s initiative is spearheaded by the Director of Economic and Entrepreneurial Development and the Mayor. Aurora confidently pursues economic development opportunities combined with a responsive approach when addressing the needs of all types of business. We offer individualized assistance to businesses, developers and real estate professionals which include:
- Business visitations
- CRA business areas
- Job creation grants
- State and local assistance with loans, grants, credits and incentives
- The City of Aurora Planning, Zoning and Building Department was combined to streamline the approval and inspection processes, which has complemented and assisted in satisfying project objectives and timelines.
- City services are at a “Best Practices” level which includes roads, water, sewer, parks and safety.
- Aurora is a city that has a strong financial foundation supported by excellent fiscal practices and has achieved a AAA Fitch Rating.
- Aurora’s tax base is favorable when compared to its peer group and neighboring cities.
- Retail and commercial areas are well populated with brand names, boutique businesses and the necessary services. The industrial are is well defined and populated with prosperous businesses. There are development and existing buildings opportunities available.
- The City of Aurora offers excellent schools, consistent population growth, high household income and an attractive housing market.
- Aurora has an active Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau that interfaces with the City and promotes interaction among member businesses.
- Aurora is geographically accessible to the cities of Cleveland and Akron and their airports. It is also easily accessible to Interstates 80, 480 and 271.
- The City of Aurora has created a link with the Entrepreneurial School at Kent State College of Business and their Center for Entrepreneurship and Business Innovation. Working with both students and faculty, the City Director of Economic and Entrepreneurial Development can facilitate the use of a wide variety of Kent State resources by our local businesses.