Hunting City-Owned Property
Bow Hunting of Deer on City Property
Dates for 2021-2022
September 25, 2021-February 6, 2022
In addition to the current City Ordinances, the following are policies regarding bow hunting of deer on City of Aurora property.
- Bow hunting of deer will be permitted during the 2021/2022 hunting season as specified by the State of Ohio.
- Hunting areas will be established on the Aurora Wetland property, the Ray Harmon Property, and such other properties as may be approved by City Council from time to time.
- Two (2) hunters will be permitted to hunt in one (1) designated area (primary and secondary). One hunter will be selected per area and he/she must choose a partner. If a partner is not selected, another name will be drawn from the lottery entries. Aurora residents will be given first priority in lottery selection.
- Hunters must register with the Parks and Recreation office by clicking here or calling 330.562.4333 or mailing a 3” x 5” index card with the following information to the Parks and Recreation Office in the Walker Building (129 West Pioneer Trail, Aurora, OH 44202):
- Cell Phone
- State hunting license # (if known)
- Only one entry card per hunter will be entered into drawing. Entries must be received by the Parks & Recreation office by 4:30 p.m. on August 27, 2021. Selected hunters will be notified by phone, so please do not contact the Division of Parks and Recreation or the Police Department to verify if you have been selected.
- Selected hunters must attend mandatory orientation meeting in which each selected permit holder shall be shown designated hunting area, review all rules and policies including bow hunting ethics, shot placement, safety and each hunter will be given a proficiency test. Failure to attend this meeting will result in forfeiture of spot and a new name will be drawn.
- Selected hunters must complete City Hunting Permit with Aurora Police Department and pay $25 per designated hunting area with $25 fee for substitutions of a permit holder. Fees are non-refundable. Selected hunters will be required to verify residency when applying for permit.
- Both hunters can hunt on the same day but must remain in designated area. NO EXCEPTIONS. Hunters located outside the designated area will have their permits revoked and will not be permitted to enter back onto premises.
- No fasteners will be inserted to tree (screw in steps). Hunters must wear a safety harness when hunting from an elevated tree stand. Hunter’s name, address and phone number must be marked on their tree stand. Hunters must remove all stands no later than one week after the end of deer hunting season.
- Hunters must harvest one Antlerless deer (doe) before harvesting an Antlered deer (buck).
- Hunter must carry permit while going to and from the designated hunting area. Copies are not permitted. Hunters must also display parking tag and park in designated parking areas.