About the Program
The Department of Public Service shall be conducting its Brush Collection Program from April through October, weather permitting. Please place brush out at curb before 7 a.m. on the designated deadline dates to guarantee collection. Brush collection is usually a week long process and can sometimes go into the next week. Brush shall be picked up from residential-developed lots only with existing homes, excluding private developments, condominiums, apartment complexes, and any other commercial properties.
Privately hired contractors (i.e., landscapers, tree trimmers) must dispose of brush without the benefit of this program. This program is subject to change due to circumstances beyond the city's control.
Preparing for Brush Collection
- Brush should be no larger than 6 inches in diameter or 10 feet long, with cut ends towards and close to road. Keep piles clear of obstruction such as mailboxes, trees, telephone poles, etc. Limit quantity to the size of standard car.
- No fence posts, construction material, wood pallets, leaves, or brush / plants with roots.
- Wood chips, compost, and double-shredded mulch available at Audubon parking lot, 896 East Pioneer Trail, at no charge. Residents must provide own labor and equipment. No loading equipment allowed.
- Brush may be placed the weekend before the deadline date for pickup. Brush placed curbside for extended periods of time may be subject to zoning violations.
Dates for CollectionBrush collection is usually a week long process and can sometimes go into the next week. Brush must be placed on the curb by the start date listed below.
- April: Starts on April 22nd
- May: Starts on May 20th
- June: Starts on June 24th
- July: Starts on July 22nd
- August: Starts on August 26th
- September: Starts on September 23rd
- October: Starts on October 21st
The following should not be placed at curbside for brush collection:
|Unacceptable Material||Alternate Disposal Options|
|Fence posts and wood pallets||
|Brush with clumps of roots, thorns, stones, or brush mixed with trash||
|Brush from private contracting work||